To build a website and create flow of loads of traffic to that website needs a comprehensive approach. There is a simple strategy, which I want to share with you today. You can say it a common sense Internet Marketing Strategy or Website Traffic Generation Strategy.
It looks common sense and obvious to a pro webmaster, but for a starter this game(build a site and get traffic to it) really looks very confusing and frustrating. As there are so many things to do in this regard. But they found no order in that ToDo list. I mean From Where to Start, is big puzzle for them. What to do now, and what to do after what! Here is solution:
Simple Internet Marketing Strategy to Generate Web Traffic:
Step 1- List Of Targeted Keywords and Phrases:
First of all, before even thinking to promote your website, you need this list. A list of your main keywords, and targeted, related keywords and phrases list.
To compile your targeted and related keywords list, you can use one of the below two tools.
Well if you can afford i Recommend you WordTracker as it do not only show the demand per keywords but also competition. So after comprehensive analysis of Demand and Supply you can join that niche. It is up to you now, either use OverTure or WordTracker. The objective is compile the list of keywords you want to target.
It will also be great if you paste this list in a spreadsheet and make another column there of SUPPLY. And against every keyword’s search count (demand) cell, there must be a figure of competition (supply).
If you are using Overture, then you have to do in manually and by searching Google or other Search Engine, to find that how many sites are competing for that keyword or phrase.
It is very easy if you are using WordTracker as this service provide demand and supply figure for each keyword with one click for whole of your list.
Step 2- Onpage Search Engine Optimization:
Again my suggestion is do this before even thinking to promote or launch your website.
What is Onpage Search Engine Optimization, and how to do this?
Onpage SEO means optimizing your own website’s pages for search engines with related keywords and phrases.
There are certain areas of your webpages which can be optimized for this purpose. Following are some areas you should consider:
- FileName of the Webpage: Your webpage file name should contain main keyword or phrase. For instance yourdomain.com/main-keyword.html is far better than yourdomain.com/our-salesletter.html
- Title Of the Page: Title of your webpage must contain the main keyword or phrase. Make your title short but concise full of your main keyword and phrases.
- Meta Tags: Now a days people are just leaving this area of optimization, as they are educated that Google do not consider it. They are correct but i have seen from my own testing and results that Meta Tags Still Works. At least add Description Meta Tag and Keywords Meta Tag.
- Main Headline [h1]: Main headline of your page, should be in H1 html tag, and it must contain main keyword or phrase.
- Main keyword in First paragraph and in last paragraph. Also Bold, Underline and use other headlines like h2, h3 and h4 to highlight your main keywords in the page.
Step 3- Promotion Starts Now – Submit it:
Upto now we were just doing homework. In summary we have done keyword selection and then incorporation of those keywords in the webpages.
Now you should launch your website promotion in the websphere. There are two main Things you can do right now.
- Directory Submission
- Search Engine Submission
While submitting to the directories do not forget to incorporate right ANCHOR Text in your links. What is Anchor text?
Here are some definitions:
- Anchor text is the visible text in a hyperlink. Anchor text gets a lot of weight in search engine algorithms because the linked text is usually relevant to the landing page. The objective of search engines is to provide highly relevant search results; this is where anchor text helps as the tendency is, more often than not, to hyperlink words relevant to the landing page. [Wikipedia]
- The text that shows up on the link, example (in code) <a href=”http://www.YourDomain.com”> You Main Keyword Here </a> and, Your Main Keyword Here is Anchor Text.
So it is better to have Main Keyword As Anchor Text rather than CLICK HERE as Anchor Text.
- Directory Submission:
Everyone in online world accepts the importance of site submission to directories. So you do it manually or outsource it from a professional service with little cost. I recommend Warrior Marketing Solutions [I admit, i am the partner of this service. So use it or not, its your choice, you can search for other services too ;-)]
- Search Engine Submission:
There are two school of thoughts lol! I mean one school of thought says let the Search Engines come and index themselves. This is current trend, and of course it does work when you have got many links coming to your site. So SE bots can find your site via those links.
Other school of thought says, submit your site to all SEs for maximum results. From my own testing and results, i recommend this method. I know this does not work with major players. But what about hundreds of small Search engines. If we submit to all of those, we can get maximum results. There are almost 114 Search Engines, to which last time my site was submitted by my own already mentioned service WarMarks.com
Step 4- Get Related Links to Your Site (Ongoing promotion):
If done right this step is very crucial and beneficial for real results in term of traffic, and sales.
You can start getting related links, by exchanging links to other related sites. It is also called Reciprocal Link Exchange i.e. They put your link on their site and you do the same for their link on your site.
There are other ethical ways also to get one way links to your website. Like writing articles and submitting to article directories with linkback to your site in sig of that article.
You can also post in related forums and get linkbacks to your site via sig in the posts. Another way is commenting to the related blogs. Do not spam or abuse these methods. You know integrity is also one crucial success factor in your business 🙂
For now it is enough! But this is fact WORDS without ACTION are DEAD. So take Massive Action to implement anything you have learned which can benefit your business.